What is it?
The New Heights Summer Academy is a comprehensive athletic and educational program for rising 5th-8th grade student-athletes.
Summer Academy participants will engage in an equal amount of sports and academic programming Monday-Thursday. Friday field trips will be educational, developmental and most importantly, FUN!
What are the goals of Summer Academy?
- Provide a fun and supportive space where students participate in activities that develop their academic, athletic, communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Engage in interactive group activities and technology programming that will reinforce ELA and mathematics curricula, reducing the summer slide.
- Improve student-athletes’ basketball and athletic skills through high-quality coaching and mentoring, daily practice, competition, and strength and conditioning training.
- Prepare students for high school admissions through workshops on school choice, the application process, test preparation and interview skills.
Where is it located?
The Loyola School
980 Park Ave at East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
July 9 - August 3, 2018
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
What does a typical day look like?
8:30 – 9:00am Drop Off, Supervised Play & Morning Meeting
9:00am – 12:15pm Morning Academic Sessions
12:15 – 1:15pm Lunch
1:15 – 4:15pm Basketball Skills, Scrimmages & Conditioning
4:15 – 4:30pm Dismissal & Pick-Up
Academic classes are held during the morning portions of Summer Academy and the basketball portion is held during the afternoon.
What is the cost?
NH Team Members: $250 (includes week-away camp, see below)
Non-NH Team Members: $500
Is there transportation?
Subsidized shuttle service may be available on a first come, first come basis from the Bronx, Queens & Brooklyn depending on demand. Please make a note on the registration form when registering. There is a shuttle fee of $75 per child. You will be contacted to arrange payment once the shut
Is there a registration deadline?
Yes, this camp traditionally sells out.
- Secure your spot by submitting your $100 non-refundable deposit by May 14.
- Full payment is due by June 1.
- If full payment is not received by June 1, there will be a $100 late fee imposed OR your spot will be released.
What is the New Heights Week Away Camp?
The week-away camp is mandatory for all New Heights' middle school team members (6th - 8th grades) and is included in the $250 fee above. This is not open to non-NH student-athletes. Dates: August 12 - August 15, 2018
Register & PAYMENT Below
*ALL NEW HEIGHTS STUDENT-ATHLETES ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND AT LEAST TWO WEEKS AT LOYOLA SCHOOL AND THE WEEK AWAY*
FOR MORE INFORMATION: PLEASE CALL US AT 212-426 HOOP (4667)
New Heights Youth, Inc. accepts all forms of payment, including cash, check and credit card. If you wish to pay by check please send to:
ATTN: Summer Academy Director
New Heights Youth, Inc.
2472 Broadway, PMB 112
New York, NY 10025